Thursday, March 29, 2007

Texas Spring

The weather has been absolutely wonderful this week.
Summers and winters in this part of the country can get rather extreme. Spring doesn't last long enough- for a few short weeks we get 70 degree weather and bright sunshine.
Once in a while I've just let everything go, and taken a midnight stroll through the campus grounds, just watching squirrels scamper by feeling the cool breeze brush past, and taking in the many shades of green on the oak-tree foliage. Even for half an hour it's nice to forget that I have a lab report due the next morning that I've yet to get started on...

It's funny how we seem always to be living for "tomorrow"- I need to get my homework in order so I can get good grades, so I can get into a good grad school, so I can get a good job- we spend so much time stressing about the future that we forget to embrace the joys of the now.

Take a walk in the park. Spend 15 minutes of your day admiring the patterns on the tree-bark. Life is short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home