Friday, July 11, 2008

My first published journal article!

After three years of trying (and two REU programs) I've finally managed to get my research published in a mathematics journal!

At last, fame, fortune, and an Erdős number are coming my way!

Well, maybe not the "fame and fortune" part.

For the uninitiated, publications in academic journals are how mathematicians are 'evaluated'. I don't need one now as an undergraduate, of course, but it has been a good experience, and I'd like to think this helps my application for graduate school.

You can read the article here.

It's not too technical- I think the most obscure concept is that of a semigroup, which isn't that hard to understand at all. Plus, it's really short.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger changyang1230 said...

Congratulations! :D

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Darren!

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home